remove bin from admin

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM
I need to let a couple of people have access to our website, but I do not want them to be able to remove other user's. Is there anyway I can remove the Bin link and icon from the admin panel ?

Cheers

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:06 AM
They're both admins, not power users? Maybe you can try commenting out the pencil and trash bin links, looks like they're in the /Administration/Users.aspx page, such as:

<!-- <asp:ButtonField ButtonType="Link" CommandName="edit_details" ControlStyle-CssClass="btnEdit"/>
<asp:ButtonField ButtonType="Link" CommandName="delete_user" ItemStyle-Width="40px" ControlStyle-CssClass="btnDelete" />-->

I commented out some similar edit buttons in other pages and it worked for me, it still runs the code in the codebehind, but its invisible to the users to mess with them. I don't know if this is the best way to go about this though, but like I said it worked for me other pages in a similar fashion.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:59 AM
I tried that and it came up with an error, but reading some books I just put "visible=false" in the code and that worked.

<asp:ButtonField ButtonType="Link" CommandName="edit_details" ControlStyle-CssClass="btnEdit" Visible="false"/>
                        <asp:ButtonField ButtonType="Link" CommandName="delete_user" ItemStyle-Width="40px" Visible="false" ControlStyle-CssClass="btnDelete"  />

Thanks Again