This project is read-only.

Managing Themes and master pages

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Jun 4, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Hi,
I am using your website as a learning tool and I was looking for a way to have a dynamic site layout where a user/Admin could choose both a layout and theme.
I am new to asp.net as I am a windows forms developer but I really like what you did with templated Controls.It looks like you give it max flexbility.

Not knowing much about templated controls i was going down to the route of creating a masterPage for each layout.
Is there a tutorial somewhere where i can learn more about your code so that I can apply the same concept on  a website i am writing as a learning process?

thanks again
Jun 5, 2008 at 11:18 AM
  • Learn about the internals of MWPSK in the related article: MWPSK Internals.xps
  • How to extend the My Web Pages Starter Kit? MWPSK-How-To_Create-New-Section.xps. Here is the example code of the additional section
  • How to create a new theme for the My Web Pages Starter Kit? MWPSK-How-To_Create-New-Theme.xps

Regrds

Urs

• Jun 9, 2008 at 3:02 PM
    I have looked all over the website for the three "xps" files listed above and could not locate them.  Although they appear as links in my browser, the links do not work.

Where can I locate these documents?

Thanks.  Great piece of work.
    Jun 10, 2008 at 9:48 AM

ursmueller wrote:
  • Learn about the internals of MWPSK in the related article: MWPSK Internals.xps
  • How to extend the My Web Pages Starter Kit? MWPSK-How-To_Create-New-Section.xps. Here is the example code of the additional section
  • How to create a new theme for the My Web Pages Starter Kit? MWPSK-How-To_Create-New-Theme.xps

Regrds

Urs

• Thanks a lot .I will have a proper look into this.
    Jun 15, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    I finally found the documents listed above.  They are in the "How To" section.  It is hard to find this section because it does not appear in any menu, so here is the URL.

http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/Wiki/View.aspx?title=How%20To%3f

Don