An unhandled exception occurred

Topics: User Forum
Dec 5, 2006 at 9:06 AM
I get this message when i try to load the starter kit for the first time.

Please help.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\root\intranet.us.dk\App_Data\Pages\.config'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\root\intranet.us.dk\App_Data\Pages\.config'.

Source Error:

Line 52: //if nothing was found in the cache, the data must be loaded from the disk
Line 53: //load and deserialize the data from the filesystem
Line 54: using (FileStream reader = File.Open(_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
Line 55: {
Line 56: XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(T));

Source File: c:\Inetpub\root\intranet.us.dk\App_Code\Persistable.cs Line: 54
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2006 at 11:06 AM
Hello

please try to delete the whole content in the AppData folder and try again to start it by visiting the homepage. If the folder AppData is empty the kit should initialize the basic data files.
If this does not help, I would like to have more information about your environment. Are you runnung it on a webserver or localhost ?

best regards,
Pascal
Dec 7, 2006 at 9:27 AM
Hi there,

I get the same error.
App_Data was previously empty. After Refreshing the main page the folder contains only a file called error.log containing the error mentioined above.

I'm running the kit on localhost.

thx for your help.
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2006 at 4:00 PM
Hello
when I look at the error stack I can see that the App_Data is looked for at:
C:\Inetpub\root\intranet.us.dk\App_Data\

Is this path the correct project path ?

Are you opening the project with VisualStudio 2005 ?

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2007 at 12:01 AM
Hello aof123 and chrisnet, can you please tell me if you solved this problem? I have a similar problem and I'm curious for the answer. Thanks in advance.
AJ.