MWPSK Theme

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Trying to use th MWPSK.org theme. I have two questions.

1.) How/where do you replace the pencil and crescent wrench graphic in the top box of the home page? I cannot find this graphic in the images folder.

2.) My other pages appear down below the left menu instead of beside it like on the mwpsk.org site. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM

1. is a not an internal image, its external from mwpsk.org

2. you will have to figure out what exactly is being outputted to the browser wrong, I would suggest using Google Chrome and then when viewing your page you can right click and select inspect element, This option opens up developers tools - source code viewer (elements) at the element you selected, from there you can roll your mouse over any of the html and that element will be highlighted in the page or again you can right click in the page to get taken to the element in the html. On the right hand side you will see all of the styling rules applied or that apply to that element and it even tells you where its getting the rules from. You can change the style rules in real time and see the effect they have!

From there its just a matter of working out where that is in your code and fixing it.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I found in the skin.skin file where it points to the external graphic and changed that.

I opened it in chrome per your suggestion and it looked fine. I then turned on compatability mode in IE 9 and it looked fine as well.

Thanks,

Richard