This project is read-only.

Integrating Paypal form

Topics: Developer Forum
May 2, 2008 at 7:11 AM
hi .. fantastic kit but I'm having problems integrating the Paypal html buttons into the html editor... saving it turns the " into the text version, namely " . Paypal produce the payment code, encrypted or plain and its supposed to be pasted in without change.

http://www.berkleycontrol.com/payment.aspx

Help VERY welcome indeed !! Thanks.
May 2, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Hi, I think this is similar to a problem I had with an aweber form. It has to do with MWPSK (and other CMS's) using form tags to build the pages. This post has a link to the workaround that I used. You should be able to get it to work with the paypal form, as well. Good luck.

http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=21583
May 6, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Hi Carl
Thank you for the tip but it doesn't seem to work. It did point me to two other ideas though, one to replace the "" with ' ' but that failed and the other to alter the width of the text box in the HTML editor so the line doesnt wrap around.

I'm still looking for where I have to alter the code to ensure the width of the text box is kept at around 800px or so in order to allow the encrypted code to not wrap around.

Ideas gratefully received .. either to solve the text wrap around to see if that's going to cure the problem .. or else a fix for the core problem.

Many thanks.

May 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that I created the my sign up forms as web user controls and then added them using the easycontrol functionality. Some of your formatting problems might be caused by the html editor, so maybe this will help.
May 11, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Hi AdrianRJ,

Did you ever figure out the problem with your PayPal button? I am currently having the same issue trying to add a Donate button on a site. When I add the button the footer expands even if I add the PayPal button in a div id tag and it's not linking properly. I only seem to be experiencung this under MWPSK because it hasn't happened to me before.  Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

May 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Hello there 

No .. it wasnt an essential, rather a good to have and other things interrupted .. its on my list of tasks and climbing up in importance so perhaps we can progress it soon ? 

Regards Adrian

May 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I have not used paypal with MWPSK, but I have used it with other ASP.NET sites.

I had problems when I tried to put more than one PayPal button on an ASP.NET page.

Each paypal button comes in its own form, and the aspx page was already a form.

My first simple workaround was to put the buttons on an html page instead of an aspx one, and link from my aspx pages.

Another workaround was to use an aspx page, but put each button in an iframe.

The next solution was to make a separate master page that looked like the standard master page but without a the form tags round the content placeholder. That let me put several buttons, each wrapped in its own form tags, on the one aspx page.

As I said I have not used PayPal with MWPSK; but if I did, I would try this:

• Make a new master page by copying the standard MWPSK master page, but without the form tags, and without the MWPSK stuff.
  • Make a separate aspx page without form tags  - a separate physical page, not a MWPSK virtual page. Point that new page at the new non-MWPSK master page which does not have form tags.
  • Add the PayPal code blocks, each a separate form, to the new page.
  • Either add the new page to the web.sitemap manually, or just link to it from a MWPSK page.

HTH

Good Luck.

May 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hi lockh,

I put the paypal button on an html page and put it in an iframe.  So it appears that putting the code in an HTML or ASP and then put it in an iframe seems to be the method around this.  It worked after doing this.

Thanks!

May 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Glad that helped.

If you do find a need to have more than one paypal button on the page, then the aspx page without the form tags is the way to go. Helps to reduces the clutter in your project folders.

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

If you go to my website, I have multiple PayPal buttons on one page.  http://www.intohealing.com/checkout.aspx

I don't understand programming but I figured out a way to make them work that was easy!

-First I copied the BuyNow button

-Next, I pasted the button where I wanted it in the website using the HTML control.

-I highlighted the button and then linked it to the EMAIL code that PayPal created.  NOT the website code.