modify spacing issue

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 6, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Hi I am trying to figure out if there is a way to modify spacing between sections.  I have gone through a lot of the code but at this point it all seems to be blending together and I am sure I have just missed it.

What is happening is if I have multiple sections on a web page (i.e. HTML with a heading then a List List immediately following) there is a fair amount of space between the two items so they are almost disassociated from each other.

So it appears similar to this:

Asthma Information

It seems to put an extra blank row above the first link.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Hi mcks_mom, the spacing is probably introduced by the paragraph <p> tag, which is automatically added by the FreeTextBox HTML-editor.
You can test that yourselve by selecting the "Source" button and then removing the starting tag <p> and ending tag </p>.

The best practise would be to add the following code to your stylesheet (css) file (e.g. StandardElements.css) which is located in the App_Themes/<Your selected theme folder>:

p, ul, li
{
 margin-top: 0px;
 margin-bottom: 0px;
}

Don't forget to force a complete (cache) refresh on your IE browser when testing this modified css code by selecting <Ctrl>+F5 key strokes.

Hope it helps.

Geert van Raaij - Pando

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Hi gvraaij,

Thanks for the info.  unfortunately that did not fix it, it only stripped out actual paragrah spacing within the HTML sctions not the space between the sections. The space between a LINKS section and an HTML or EVENTS/SUBPAGES list, etc. still appears the same with the change to the StandardElements.css file.

You can see one of the pages that has several LINKS sections and HTML sections in the web page.  HEre is a sample from our website: http://www.crto.on.ca/RespHealth.aspx

Thanks,
Janice

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Hi Janice, I looked at your site and saw that you used the SwishBlue theme as your base theme.
Can you please check the SectionStyles.css file and in there modify the following style class:

/* LinkList */
div.linkitem

{

padding-top: 0px; /* 20px; */
}

I also noticed that every <H2> element also renders an extra <BR> element. Did you change that in the stylesheet?
Otherwise try adding a header but without using the header tags and see what happens?

Hope it helps (2)  ;-)

Greetz Geert