The type or namespace name 'StringsRes' does not exist in the namespace 'Resources'

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 11, 2008 at 7:15 PM
Hello
I've just finalized settings of My Web Pages Starter Kit 1.1.4 on my local machine and uploaded it to shared hosting. It's separate .NET 2.0 application in medium trust, write privileges to App_Data are set, but when I try to run the application, it always end up with error below. Any hints what could be problem? I'm not very experienced with .NET, so it might be something very simple, but... :)
Thanks in advance!
-------------------
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'StringsRes' does not exist in the namespace 'Resources' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 263: string ResourceID = "ctl" + arrTypeNamearrTypeName.GetLength(0) - 1 + "RssTitle";
Line 264:
Line 265: SectionChannel.Title = Resources.StringsRes.ResourceManager.GetString(ResourceID);
Line 266: if (TitlePrefix != string.Empty)
Line 267: SectionChannel.Title = TitlePrefix + " " + SectionChannel.Title;

Source File: e:\wwwdata\fhgc1462\www\Dominec\App_Code\sidebar.cs Line: 265
Apr 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM
Hi
Have you changed the StringsRes.resx to a new langauge and missed a key and(or) value?
Apr 12, 2008 at 12:33 AM

rickardmagnusson wrote:
Hi
Have you changed the StringsRes.resx to a new langauge and missed a key and(or) value?

Hi
Not at all, no other language added, no settings changed from my local copy.
Also the hosting webserver is running on same localization (Czech)