Videos

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 23, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Is it possible to to create a page where I can post videos and a player so my users can view the videos I post?
Feb 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM
I used the html form and just embedded the code from YouTube on it... It works pretty good. I don't know how you would do a "standalone" player, though.
Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM

rfnajera wrote:
I used the html form and just embedded the code from YouTube on it... It works pretty good. I don't know how you would do a "standalone" player, though.

Thank you for the response, we have training videos that we require our physicians to look at when they are hired that I would like to be able to post online. I would also like to give them something to upload their music to and listen while they are at work, if thats possible.
Feb 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM
I was able to upload and download both music files and windows media files... It gets tricky at around 10MB... You need to set the timeout in the config file to a higher number of seconds. There are also online players that will play the music for you from the download link.
Feb 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM
I have another question related to this that asked on another forum and cant get an answer to. I downloaded a package from http://www.aspnetmedia.com/ and had to do the manual install of the audio because I am running VWD 2008 Express (which I am assuming is synonimus to Visual Studio 2008 Express). When I followed the instructions for loading the controls to my tool box, I went and found the .dll file, and it is showing it as an active control, but I can not for the life of me see it anywhere in my toolbox.

Why would it show as an active control but not be visible anywhere in my tool box. Does it have something to do with a BIN fiile or something like that. I am a total novice and therefore totally lost here so any help anyone can provide would be very appreciated, thanks.