changing the layout

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM
I would like to change the layout from two columns to three columns and add contents to all the columns, please. Any help will be appreciated
Aug 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • App_Themes\{ThemeName}\Skin.skin is where you can start by adding your column (search for <td id="contentCell"> note how the TemplatedContent ends and begins)
  • Update the Corresponding Cascading Style Sheets. (probably just the PageLayout.css)
  • Update the Site.master Master Page (Add your reference for the skins for the second Content Control, again note how the TemplatedContent ends and begins with the page ContentPlaceHolder in between)
  • Update the default.aspx Page (Copy and Paste the entire Content Control <asp:Content back into the page so you have 2 or make a custom control of these and reference 2 in the page or anywhere else on the site, do not forget to bind everything in code)
  • You will also to need to set a new property to the Sections Config file that defines what Content Control it should load on (like Left, Middle or Right) 
  • Finally correct CSS for any issues and done!

If you do not understand the fundamentals of any of the above you can learn it on http://www.asp.net/get-started

Its a lot of work for a beginner and nobody is likely to give you a complete solution. I am slowly working away on an implementation for this using Dock-able/Floating Controls like in Visual Studio. Once you mess it up a few times you generally find better more simple ways to achieve more.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Hello,

Thanks once again. I have made some progress, I have successfully added another column. But when I try to add control, it creates the same in the two columns.

• I have’nt figured out where “You will also to need to set a new property to the Sections Config file that defines what Content Control it should load on (like Left, Middle or Right)
  • Can’t find the Sections config file
  • Thanks for your help

Regards

Sent: 05 August 2010 22:47
To: webengineer@dataclickglobal.com
Subject: Re: changing the layout [MyWebPagesStarterKit:222589]

• App_Themes\{ThemeName}\Skin.skin is where you can start by adding your column (search for note how the TemplatedContent ends and begins)
  • Update the Corresponding Cascading Style Sheets. (probably just the PageLayout.css)
  • Update the Site.master Master Page (Add your reference for the skins for the second Content Control, again note how the TemplatedContent ends and begins with the page ContentPlaceHolder in between)
  • Update the default.aspx Page (Copy and Paste the entire Content Control <asp:Content back into the page so you have 2 or make a custom control of these and reference 2 in the page or anywhere else on the site, do not forget to bind everything in code)
  • You will also to need to set a new property to the Sections Config file that defines what Content Control it should load on (like Left, Middle or Right)
  • Finally correct CSS for any issues and done!

If you do not understand the fundamentals of any of the above you can learn it on http://www.asp.net/get-started

Its a lot of work for a beginner and nobody is likely to give you a complete solution. I am slowly working away on an implementation for this using Dock-able/Floating Controls like in Visual Studio. Once you mess it up a few times you generally find better more simple ways to achieve more.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com