Problems Editing images using FreeTextBox :(

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Has anyone figured out how to edit images you added with the new editor? With the FCK editor I used to be able to just right click and made an edit to an image. Now when I right click I can't edit an image or anything.

And even when I select the image and go back into the Insert Image icon it doesn't seen show what I had selected for that image (example: vspac,hspace, custom size,etc) I've been reluctant to move to the latest version because of this and other things I'm not sure will work the same as it did in the previous version :(

Thanks

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 7:56 PM
I am using 1.30, and used the html editor and images enough to get annoyed at it. You can insert images with a bit of trial and error and patience, but you have to remember to click in the text where you want the picture, before you click the picture icon - easy to forget that when working in the separate image picker window. Doesn't seem to have any way to change settings on a picture once it is inserted - like size or alignment. If anybody knows better, please tell me? It seems to have a habit of deleting your pictures from the html area if you go back and edit in text mode, so if you need to edit text after adding pictures, do it with the editor in html mode so you can avoid trampling on the images. Recently found that if I edit text and insert images in a test site on my machine, when I uploaded to the webserver the pictures were lost, had to edit html and insert them again. Have not had time yet to try to find a solution. All things considered, it is probably less trouble to just go into html mode and insert images by hand. Again, if anybody knows better, please share the secret.
Jun 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Thanks for the tip lockh. I can do this, but after I'm done creating a site someone else is going to be editing this. And I'm afraid they are going to have a bunch a problems if they don't know HTML and most of them don't know it. Even if I use some of the tips you gave I can see the flood of other questions that will pop up. I like the look of the editor but I'm gonna have to test drive this some more to figure more ways around this. It's disappointing for an otherwise good CMS.
Jun 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM
I was not so much "giving tips" as reviewing my impressions so far, partly in the hope that somebody would say, Woah, you've got it wrong, there is a better way to do it. I have the same problem that you described - I want to hand it over to other people to post and edit content, and not have them asking for help all the time. I have not used the FCK editor, but if I understand you right it does this stuff better, and is more end-user friendly? If that is the case I think I will investigate using the FCK editor instead of the FTB one; I did see a thread with posts about that. http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=79369