Vanishing Embedded Video code in MWPSK? Has anyone experienced this?

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

I wondered has anyone encountered vanishing code when embedding videos in the MWPSK CMS? This has been happening to me on a couple of recent videos I embedded on two different websites. I tried embedding swf/flv files and mpeg files and this happened. Does the CMS code and embed code not get along? I'm scratching my head on this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? This is on two established sites that were made with MWPSK 1.2.2 not the most recent version.

Thanks

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Where exactly did you "embed" this?

Do you mean that you pasted markup into a physical .aspx page, or into an EasyControl, or into an html section control in the html editor,or what?

Or come to think of it, are you using the Silverlight Video Content addon, whihc was later included in version 1.3.0?

I have pages working with you-tube embeds, but I have not succeeded in getting the Silverlight Video section to work, either on a webhost or on my own machine.

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Hi lockh,

I pasted it into a physical .aspx page. I somewhat resolved the problem on the newer site I was working on. But this is still an issue on another site I had created where I embedded a flash slideshow.

Not sure why some of the code disappears when I update something else in that section. For now I'm not gonna worry about it but it is something I noticed that is happening. For the site I resolved it on it had to do with the host not setting permission in the MIME for the .flv flash video code. So maybe it's something going on with the permission set in GoDaddy maybe?

Thanks for responding!