Hosting a web site on a public server

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I get the following error when trying to upload the starter kit to a public server hosting my web site. The MyWebPagesStarterKit is the name of the project but it is being held in a folder httpdocs, I have already attempted to delete it with little success and name it by the website name and the folder it is in httpdocs, currently attempting to host it as a virtual server but doubt that will work any help would be great

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'MyWebPagesStarterKit' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 6:      {
Line 7:          try {
Line 8:              MyWebPagesStarterKit.WebSite.GetInstance();
Line 9:              SiteMap.Provider.SiteMapResolve += new SiteMapResolveEventHandler(MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers.CustomXmlSitemapProvider.Resolve);
Line 10:         } catch (Exception ex)
Jul 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM
You need to put the root of this application in a root on your server set up as an application directory. Your hosting provider should have this documented somewhere (for virtual directorys/Application Directorys) as normally this is specific to your hoster and the software they use, an example would be plesx. The options are endless however your problem is not specific to MWPSK. Once you have done this your server will read the web.config for this site in your virtual directory and be able to load the assemblys in the Bin folder. Make sure you upload a compiled version of your site, Also check that these assemblys are in the bin folder of your hosted server in the virtual directory!
Jul 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM

You can find how to install under the documentation tab. If your still having trouble or find there is something wrong with the instructions then try creating an Issue.