This project is read-only.

How to get easycontrol to inherit Site Theme

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM
I have created a easycontrol that uses the microsoft formview control to display data from a MS SQL2005 DB and inserted into a new page I created and added my easycontrol to the page add Section control. When the new page is selected from the menu, only the formview is shown and the theme is droped. Does anyone know how to correct this so that form displays within the site's theme as done with contact form or any of the other section controls?
Apr 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Never saw that happen when creating .ascx in EasyControls.  You did not say which version, so I assume 1.3.0

I had the problem when I created pages by creating a physical .aspx page in visual studio or VWD,

instead of an EasyControls/xyz.ascx

and instead of creating a virtual page by Administration -> pages and navigation -> New Page

If you do that (create a real .aspx), the new page appears in the menus, but does not show up in Administration -> pages and navigation, and it does not show the standard layout.

[edited 18/04/2010 - the physical aspx page only appears in the menus if you manually add it to App_Data\Web.sitemap. ]

You can make it work if you take care to include the master page in your .aspx page ...

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Site.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ClubMaint.aspx.cs" Inherits="ClubMaint" Title="Club Maintenance" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="mainContent" runat="Server">

and you must also take care with the .aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls;

public partial class ClubMaint : PageBaseClass
{

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Lockh, your suggestion worked Thank You!!!!