Parser Error

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 15, 2008 at 10:38 AM
Help me please. I have tryed to deploy the MWPSK to my host (SurfTown.dk), but i can not get it up running. I have uploadet with FTP. I get this error again og again.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/SearchLink.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="RJS" Namespace="RJS.Web.WebControl" Assembly="RJS.Web.WebControl.PopCalendar" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc2" TagName="LoginStatus" Src="~/LoginStatus.ascx" %>
Line 4: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc2" TagName="Search" Src="~/SearchLink.ascx" %>
Line 5: <cc1:TemplatedContent runat="server" SkinID="Top">
Line 6: <ContentTemplate>

Source File: /App_Themes/TravelDiary/Skin.skin Line: 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

The MWPSK works fine on my local host. Have anyone any idears what is going wrong?
The Host company can not help me.

Regards
Callevib
Jan 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM
This is not a host problem.
Does the SearchLink.ascx really exists in root folder of application(same as default.aspx)?
Be sure that the link starts with ~/SearchLink.ascx
Jan 16, 2008 at 7:02 PM
Hej

You are right. I have found out that the file SearrchLink.aspx was corupt. It works fine now.

Regards
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Hi I downloaded the MWPSKExtensions 1.1.4 and tried switching to TravelDiary to get the Visible in Menu option working and I also ran into the following error

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file 'LoginStatus.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="RJS" Namespace="RJS.Web.WebControl" Assembly="RJS.Web.WebControl.PopCalendar" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc2" TagName="LoginStatus" Src="~/LoginStatus.ascx" %>
Line 4:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc2" TagName="Search" Src="~/SearchLink.ascx" %>
Line 5:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc3" Namespace="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers" %>

The MWPSKExtensions 1.1.4 files did not have LoginStatus.ascx and a SearchLink.ascx files. I am confused as to what to do next and where to get these files. I just want the Visible in Menu option to work and I'm having a frustrating time :(

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:25 PM

UptownGirl27 --

Regarding this...

>>> downloaded the MWPSKExtensions 1.1.4 and tried switching to TravelDiary to get the Visible in Menu option working and I also ran into the following error

...You should consider upgrading to the new version, 1.2.2 of Mwpsk, because it does not seem to have the problem that you describe.

For example, I just went to this link...

http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=27570

...and I downloaded this file...

MyWebPagesStarterKit_1.2.2_WAG

...I unzipped the file...

...I opened the resulting web site in VS.NET...

...I did a "Rebuild Solution" and it compiled fine...

...I searched for "LoginStatus.ascx" and found nothing...

...I searched for "SearchLink.ascx" and found nothing...

...and the site runs fine...

...so I think it may be due to the old version of the Mwpsk site, or due to a customization that is broken, or a similar issue.

Get the new version and you will probably be much better off, etc.

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Thank you Mark,

Sorry for the late response back on my problem. I was able to solve the problem. Thanks again! :)