Mail link in sidebar and hosting provider

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I would like to put an e-mail address in the a link section in the sidebar of the web, but only http:// seems acceptible.  Is there some way to put contact details with a mailto: link in the sidebar on each page?

I would also appreciate if someone could tell me about a web hosting company where MyWebPagesStarterkit is available as an application to install?  It takes time to opload it each time over a slow internet connection.

I love the product, it saves so much time.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I have to tied to edit the master page and hard code a link there?  That seems the best place to me.

As for hosting places, I don't know of anyone however most of them allow you to upload a zip file and have the zip file uncompressed if that will save you any time? 

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Thank you, I will try the hardcode thing.
I have found a hosting place that allows uncompress of zip files, and that works fine.

Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 8:46 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Mail link in sidebar and hosting provider [MyWebPagesStarterKit:203642]

I have to tied to edit the master page and hard code a link there? That seems the best place to me.

As for hosting places, I don't know of anyone however most of them allow you to upload a zip file and have the zip file uncompressed if that will save you any time?