This project is read-only.

Hosting restrictions and MWPSK?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 25, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Hi there,
Could someone real smart look at these restrictions and tell me if I can use this host with MWPSK?
http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/asp_net/14.html

I have a feeling that it won't work... I just did a lot of work on a local version of MWPSK on my machine and FTP'd it to the my site, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks,
TTFN
Dec 25, 2007 at 7:12 AM
Just an update, I got most of the site working but I can't login to it. It gives me an ASP.NET error. That's sort of OK since I can edit it locally and then post the entire site as changes...

This is the error I'm getting:
Access to the path '<Local server side hard drive UNC Path>\App_Data\Users.config' is denied.
I don't know enough .NET yet to really figure out if it's something I can fix or not. It's on line 507 of: CustomXmlMembershipProvider.cs
Thanks,
TTFN

PS... I can't go up and space the lines for readability... sorry. Something funny about the Compose window.
Dec 26, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Fairly sure this is caused by not running with the correct asp.net runtime account and that it is explained in the docs that come with your instance of myweb.

J5
Dec 27, 2007 at 3:33 AM

j5alive wrote:
Fairly sure this is caused by not running with the correct asp.net runtime account and that it is explained in the docs that come with your instance of myweb.

J5

OK, thanks... I can't control which account my ISP lets MWPSK run under. Makes sense I suppose, but I guess it's better if you have your own box. It actually runs just fine now, but I can't login to change anything on the live site. That maybe be OK though, I'll use it locally and publish it all at once.

Thanks,
TTFN
Jan 23, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Hi greggerca,

I had the same problem with my ISP, but added a useraccount in the config and used impersonation with every write action on the server.
It's a lot of work, but it's a possibility!

The only issue I have left is the FCKEditor not having proper permission to upload a file. Any thoughts on this?

Good luck!