This project is read-only.

Search Engine Optimizing

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Since most search engines like to use the page names of .asp applications how can I utilize that feature with the Web Page Starter Kit, since it looks like the page names are given GUIDs rather than the literal names we have entered when creating those names. I know you've got the website keywords section but is that really enough to get a Web Page Starter Kit site ranked high with the search engines.
Nov 28, 2007 at 9:47 PM
If I recall, all pages can be given unique and memorable names and not use the GUID's for the link references.
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:03 AM
Thank you, you are correct, the pages can be named rather than using GUIDs. But will that get me what I am looking for. Will the web crawlers use the names of the .config files that I have renamed like they would if the pages were either html or aspx. Does anyone know if this will help get my site ranked higher on the search engines.
Nov 30, 2007 at 7:52 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM
This is a regular urlrewrite that works just fine, and the crawler saves your pages in format "pagename.aspx".
Urlrewrites makes a webpage easy to remember, but also gives the crawler an important keyword.
Title, keyword and description and the pagename is important to keep as a single word for each page. Also h1 and density of that word is important.

If you follow this in every page, maby your page get a better position i searchengines.
Pagerank has nothing to do with urlrewrite or onpage programming.
This is the basic of onpage seo programming.
Nov 30, 2007 at 11:02 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I have problem with the Search Engine. When I use the searh engine, and I open the news page where this word/text I searched for is, all the pictures in this page is deleted. Can anyone help me.