This project is read-only.

Language and other stuff

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, User Forum
Oct 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Hello,

First of all I just made the resource translation for (RO)maniain language. How can I contribute it?
Second: How can I change the code to allowing of adding components on page on 2 columns? I worked something, but the second combobox just add the component from the first combobox, and at all the objects are not in columns but one bellow other. I have another issue about the MapWebSite Engine that have a long and strange name in the combobox: "MyWebPagesStarterKit.SiteMapEngine, App_Code.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

If I look in the rendered html code, I see something like this:
"
...
<option value="MyWebPagesStarterKit.HtmlContent, App_Code.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">Html</option>
<option value="MyWebPagesStarterKit.LinkList, App_Code.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">Links</option>

<option value="MyWebPagesStarterKit.NewsList, App_Code.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">News List</option>
<option value="MyWebPagesStarterKit.SiteMapEngine, AppCode.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">MyWebPagesStarterKit.SiteMapEngine, AppCode.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null</option>
<option value="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Subpages, App_Code.-c-uc71i, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">Subpages</option>
"
so other items in the list pick correct values from the resource, but this not.

thnx.
Oct 24, 2007 at 2:43 PM
Hi
First: Upload it as an attachement.

Second: You have to adapt many classes before you can add multiple columns. I guess that several people are developing a new feature like that.

Have you added all Controlnames to resource.ro.resx
If not, you must add a line like ctlControlNameRssTitle for each Sectioncontrol.
Eg. The sitemap has a value "ctlSiteMapEngineRssTitle , Sitemap, added 1.0.0.4".
Oct 25, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Hi,

I have made some test about two colums layout. First of all I designed a table with 2 columns in default.aspx than I bind each combobox to the apropriate column. The result is that the second (right) combobox, ad as section of the last selected section of combobox 1 (left). But if this is rendered in two columns, the result is still rendered in one column (the first column section is on top and right content is on bottom).
I think that this will be a nice feature, and the most desirable layout is something like this:

HEADER
TOP
LEFT | CENTER | RIGHT
BOTTOM
FOOTER

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:12 AM
Hi,

I solved with resource.ro.aspx

But I found another issue in search engine. The result is this:

//
Server Error in '/cbc_asp' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection

Source Error:


Line 174:
Line 175: foreach (ISection section in page.Sections)
Line 176: foundSections.AddRange(section.Search(searchString, page));
Line 177: }
Line 178: return foundSections;


Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cbcasp\AppCode\WebSite.cs Line: 176

Stack Trace:


[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection]
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument) +41
System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection) +2384833
System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection) +15
MyWebPagesStarterKit.WebSite.Search(String searchString) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cbcasp\AppCode\WebSite.cs:176
Search.PagePreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cbcasp\Search.aspx.cs:44
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +2108316
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1378; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1378
//
Oct 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM
Hi again
I guess that is the null comes from all section that not return an empty list, instead a null value. I did this mistake earlier.

public override List<SearchResult> Search(string searchString, WebPage page)
{
List<SearchResult> noList = new List<SearchResult>();
return (noList);
}