This project is read-only.

New themes for MWPSK

Topics: User Forum
Oct 16, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Where can I download new themes for MWPSK?
How can I edit the page width of the theme?
Oct 17, 2007 at 7:40 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2007 at 7:41 AM
I don't think you can "download" any additional themes. But it's not that hard work to make your own theme.
The easiest way is to copy a Theme to a new Theme and begin editing the skin and css file. I do a template in html and copy the html into the skinfile.
The theme folders resists in App_Theme.

The skin file has several controls attached to the skinfile. These controls can be moved to any place you want in the skinfile.
Be sure to leave a content area. See below.
Notice the SkinID Top and Bottom. Between these two is where the content goes.

<cc1:TemplatedContent runat="server" SkinID="Top">
<ContentTemplate>
<div id="header">Header</div>
<div id="menu">
Eg. Menu
</div>
<div id ="content"><!--Content starts-->
</ContentTemplate>
</cc1:TemplatedContent>

<!--Content, section area-->

<cc1:TemplatedContent runat="server" SkinID="Bottom">
<ContentTemplate>
</div><!--Content ends here-->
<div id="footer"> Eg. Footer, login etc</div>
</ContentTemplate>
</cc1:TemplatedContent>

Hope I explained it well to you.

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Ok, thank you! But I think that if there were some more themes ready to be downloaded (like for WordPress), it'd be very appreciated...
Oct 17, 2007 at 9:22 PM

silverblack wrote:
Ok, thank you! But I think that if there were some more themes ready to be downloaded (like for WordPress), it'd be very appreciated...

Maby in the future, and if the interest keeps alive for this application. I'll hope so, sins this i a really nice cms, and with a few changes this can be a very nice option against the PHP open source like wordpress.
Oct 17, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Of course it can be!!! It's WONDERFUL! So easy to install and to use! And the only one on earth that uses XML files as db.
However, I think that for maximum spreading all over the world it SHOULD have nice add-ons, thems, etc. (without the need to put hand on the code) to expand its functionalities and, overall, to be as much customizable as possible. IMHO!
Oct 30, 2007 at 9:47 AM
Hi there

We are currently making plans for releasing a theme generator (as WPF application) for the starterkit. It's not ready for the public yet, but you can expect to see it on codeplex in the "near" future... Further details will follow with the release.

Cheers
mra
Oct 31, 2007 at 12:34 AM
This is really good news, a visual theme generator would be great! I'm looking forward for it still now.
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:17 PM
Ciao Silverblack

And here we go:
The Beta of the Theme Generator is out!
https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=MyWebPagesStarterKit&ReleaseId=7480

Cheers
Matthias
Mar 19, 2008 at 3:28 PM
That's really really really very very really good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll try the new Theme Generator as soon as possible and I'll let you know. Thank you so much!
Jan 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM

I' ve been using wordpress first, But when i start using MWPSK it has really great features than WP. Now my whole site running on MWPSK. I created basic theme by theme generator and modified the whole CSS files and theme file to get my look done. MWPSK is great CMS and if you can spend little bit of time you can do creative works with it when you understand the codes and theme structure. that my personal opinion about MWPSK and I really love it.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM

If you understand the basic coding of Mwpsk you maybe want to take it to another level of freedom in design and layout of websites. Visit http://epscms.codeplex.com

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM
MRAatFC wrote:
Ciao Silverblack

And here we go:
The Beta of the Theme Generator is out!
https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=MyWebPagesStarterKit&ReleaseId=7480

Cheers
Matthias

hi matthias

wher is the beta?

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Look under Downloads - the post Matthias made was in Mar 08 - the latest version of the ThemeGenerator was posted Dec 09 - I guess its no longer in Beta ;-)

David

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

OK I have downloaded the Theme Generator.  Now how do I use it? Needs to have documentation, please