Error during first start of MyWebPage

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 28, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Hallo

Thanks for the big effort you made, developing MyWebPage.

I am relatively new in ASP and .Net. Hope I can tell you my problem correct.

Wat I have done....

On PC1 I installed VMWare and I created a VM inside with Windows XP Professional SP2.
I installed IIS and after, I installed Visual Studio 2005 Express, SP1 and Visual Web Developer.
After that I put MyWebPage in Project folder and run it by pressing F5 in Browser.
Anything OK.......
Then I made a virtual folder MyWebPage in IIS, copied MyWebpage content in physical
folder. Changed WebConfig.xml to Medium trust and gave read/write access to App_data folder by IISManager.
Then I could start the page via Http://localhost/Default.aspx. All OK.....I got the main-page and I coud made my fist steps in MyWebPage..
So far so good....

On PC2 I installed Windows XP Professional SP2. Installed IIS and Installed only DotNet-Framework 2.
Nothing else.
Then I did the same steps to install MyWebPage under IIS as I described above.
On that machine I NOT installed Visual Web Developer.

When I will start the Page with Http://localhost/Default.aspx the first time, I get after some moments,
the following error screen on IE.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\trvd7r2f.0.cs' could not be found
error CS2008: No inputs specified

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

Source Error:

Line 10: } catch (Exception ex)
Line 11: {
Line 12: throw ex;
Line 13: }
Line 14: }

Source File: c:\Inetpub\Sohatec\Global.asax Line: 12

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
]
ASP.globalasax.ApplicationStart(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\Sohatec\Global.asax:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

What I do or not do different as in the virtual machine installation ???

Please give me some hint.

Thank you very much for advises.

Regards from Switzerland...

Urs